2021 ICSS Conference Session Proposals
The 2021 ICSS Fall Conference, "Iowa Social Studies: A Whole New World," is scheduled for
The Iowa Council for the Social Studies welcomes presentation proposals from educators at all levels and other related professionals addressing the teaching of social studies from a wide range of perspectives. Proposals will be accepted through June 1, 2021.
If you would like to submit a proposal, please complete this form.
Questions? Contact ICSS at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Join ICSS?
ICSS has been recognized as a Gold Star Council by the National Council for Social Studies
This recognition was based on the following criteria:
1. Have democratic procedures for the election of officers.
2. Have demonstrated professional activity, such as workshops, conferences, and generally, programs that promote the social studies within their region.
3. Have actively participated in NCSS programs, such as brokering, submitting nominations for NCSS awards, attendance at the Summer Leadership Institute and legislative networking .
4. Have actively participated in social studies legislative advocacy efforts at state and/or at Federal level by: responding to NCSS legislative advocacy calls, disseminating calls to council members, building relationships with legislators, having an active legislative liaison, and developing a legislative advocacy plan.
5. Have contributed to NCSS fundraising efforts, such as the First Timer Scholarship Fund for the NCSS Annual Conference, the Fund for the Advancement of Social Studies Education, or the Christa McAuliffe "Reach for the Stars" Award Fund
6. Have 100% NCSS membership of council officers.
7. Have a specific plan for increasing NCSS membership in their state and underrepresented groups in their council.
8. Have shown an increase in the number of joint members.
9. Submit affiliation materials by deadline.
Image left: ICSS Executive board members Catherine Mein and Todd Hospodarsky accept the Iowa Council for the Social Studies award as an NCSS Gold Star Council.